UAE government has recently announced the introduction of a new freelancer license which covers 48 various business activities and which allows the license holder to carry out their business activity from their place of residence or any other authorized locations.
This license will allow business in Abu Dhabi to take advantage of the knowledge and expertise that already exists in marketplace. This freelancer license is now in mainland Abu Dhabi and the range of activities is much more comprehensive.
The freelance license in Abu Dhabi is initially 2 year period and then annual renewal is required. No UAE partners/share holder / Office is required. This can be 100% foreign owned.
Advantages of freelancer license.
- The freelancer license avoids the requirements for your business to employ people in full time positions or services which are only needed in different periods.
- No office or Tawtheeq is required to obtain license.
- Freelancer license will allow the expert professionals to achieve work permit without necessity of company sponsorship.
- The freelance license holder can sponsor his/her family members under them.
- Freelancer license develop increase income of different sectors such as retirees, house wives, students..etc
- Freelance license will provide freedom to work from distance or any other authorized locations.
Activities included under freelance license
The Abu Dhabi department of economic development has selected the following 48 business activities which can be practiced with the new freelancer license.
- Working soap forming
- Parties and events organizing
- Tourist and recreation consultants
- Green buildings consultant
- Marketing consultancy and studies
- Information technology consultancy
- Translation publication services
- Heritage consulting
- Plastering and carving works
- Coordination of natural and artificial flowers
- Space consultancies
- Design services
- Consulting technical equipment
- Fashion and clothes designing
- Real estate consultancy
- Public relations consultancy
- Human resource consultancy
- Marketing consultancy in the field of energy
- Computer devices and equipment domain consultancy
- Handcrafted products and environmental works
- Landscape and gardening services
- Marketing operations management
- Parliamentary consultancy
- Economic feasibility consultancy and studies
- Administrative consultancy and studies
- Parties and occasions photography
- Lifestyle development consultancy
- Calligraphers and painters
- Agricultural extension services
- Plague resisting consultancy
- Procurement consulting
- Quality, standardization and measuring consultancy
- Maritime consultancies services
- Commodities designing consultancy
- Project management services
- Network websites designing
- Jewellery design, jewellery
- Statistical services consultancies
- Personal videographer
- Banking services consultancy
- Artwork for cosmetic craft (sculpture)
- Consultancy project development
- Food safety consulting
- Photography services
- Architectural production and drawing technical consultancy
- Fine arts consultancy
- Logistics consultancy
Procedure to obtain the freelancer license
You should ensure you have the following documents:
- Proof of relevant skills in the activity you intend to practice. This can be in the form of a university degree or other certificate demonstrating related expertise. The degree, high level qualification or certification of experience will need to be attested, legalized and legally translated with a Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MOFA) stamp for use in the UAE.
- A No Objection letter (NOC) from your employer. – This is a requirement if you are a resident and you are working in the government sector or you are working in the private sector on a permanent contract doing an activity which is similar to the one which you are applying to do on the freelancer license.
- If you are not already a UAE resident, then you will need to be on a UAE visit visa or UAE tourist visa and we will need you UID number to be able to apply for the freelance visa. Your UID number can be found on the tourist visa stamp in your passport or can be obtained from the UAE Immigration system.
If you are working in the private sector on a part time basis, then an NOC letter is unnecessary.
We Ignite representation of companies will assist you to set up a new freelance license including your visa with the low cost budget.