Thinking About Getting A Freelance License In Abu Dhabi?
Abu Dhabi is one of the most attractive cities in the world and there is no doubt in that. What makes people, especially foreigners, to go and live in Abu Dhabi is mainly because of the job opportunities Abu Dhabi offers. That’s why only 9% of residents are born in the country and the rest are from different nationalities who either work or do business there. Talking about work opportunities, another major advantage is that you can obtain a freelance license in Abu Dhabi which enables the license holder to work with companies all over the Abu Dhabi Emirate with no restrictions.
Earlier, freelance licenses were issued only through some of the free zones in Abu Dhabi. Hence, they were restricted to only work within the boundaries of the specific free zone which issued the license. However, the recently launched freelance license in Abu Dhabi allows people to work throughout Abu Dhabi with no restrictions on free zone boundaries. Currently, 48 freelance license activities are available in the UAE and they can be viewed by clicking here.
Benefits of freelance license
- Flexibility to work with multiple companies
- The freelance license is affordable
- The freelance visa or permit allows you to sponsor your family members to come and live with you within the emirate.
- The license holder gets the freedom to work remotely or from other authorized locations.
- You don’t need an office or Tawtheeq to get the license.
- It enables you to get a work permit without the need of company sponsorship.
- With the license, businesses can make the most out of the existing knowledge and expertise in the Abu Dhabi marketplace.
- It enables students, retirees, housewives, etc, to work or earn more income.
- The license is completely owned by the license holder. So no UAE partner or NSA sponsor is needed.
Getting the freelance license permit in Abu Dhabi, UAE
If you want to obtain a freelance permit in Abu Dhabi, you should be able to prove that you have relevant skills in the selected activity you wish to practice. You should also get prior approval if your selected activity is related to your normal job. If your chosen activity is different from your regular job, employer approval is not needed.
You have to note that if you work in the public sector, it is necessary to get approval from your employer inorder to apply. Also, if you work in the private sector, employer approval is needed only if your intended activity is connected to your regular job.
The freelance license in Abu Dhabi is of initially 2 year period and would require annual renewal after that. If you are not a UAE resident, you will require to have a UAE visit visa or a UAE tourist visa. Then you can apply for the freelance visa with the UID number which can be found on the visit/tourist visa stamp in your passport.
How can Ignite Representation of Companies help?
If you are looking for obtaining a freelance license in Abu Dhabi, we are here to provide assistance to you. As the process of getting the freelance license can become complicated without assistance, our experienced team will provide you all the service and support throughout your application process. Moreover, our services regarding the freelance visa processing in UAE comes at a low cost budget. Contact us at below given means and we will be delighted to assist you.
+971 26 762 0000, +971 50 184 1057 or firstname.lastname@example.org